Taiwan Trip - First Day

Monday, April 07, 2014

After struggle for million of time, reminding myself to blog about my Taiwan Trip and I finally did it. Lol!!

Anyway I went to Taiwan with my family on December 2013. So yeah after 3 months, I'm back to Taiwan again. I must be crazy!

Okay let's me start from the beginning, like where to buy my tickets including airfare taxes and hotel. (Anyway it was a last minute plan! HAHA)
I went Natas Fair on the Feb 28 2014 which is on Friday and we managed to buy our tickets at "UOB TRAVEL" which is the most cheapest we seen so far.

7 day 6 nights trip.  ( March 11 to March 17 2014)

Airfare: $320 per pax
Hotel: $503.50 per pax

(For Hotel: $378 1st pax, $189 2nd pax (50% discount for the 2nd pax for 3 day 2 nights) + $440 (add on 4 nights), TOTAL $1007. So we divided 2 and each person pay $503.50.)

So each person pay $823.50 which it's a very good deal.(We went during peak hour so it was a little bit expensive but this is the cheapest we can find.)

*But still I would suggest to buy at those company like AIA etc. Because for UOB Travel, the hotel they book for us was not confirm. So I was kinda panic those few days waiting for their call. Anyway they managed to book a hotel near Ximenting.

Hotel Name: Ximen Citizen Hotel. (3 stars)
Nearest MRT: Ximenting, 6 min walk to Hotel I suppose.


Camera: 
  1. DSLR D5000
  2. HTC ONE camera
  3. Itouch 5 camera
  4. Polaroid Mini 7 & Fuji Instax 200

Itinerary for the First day.

- Taipei 101 and dinner at Dingtaifeng.
- Shilin

Time to check in airport 10am. So we meet around 8am to Changi Airport T1.
Anyway Katherine known as Wind Yu. HAHAHA! We're so excited. 



Yeah. We're ready!

 And yes she's ready as well, by looking at her pose. wtf!




Oh ya, Forgot to mention. We took China Airlines. 


That's why I always like Changi Aiport. 



In the plane!



As our flight departed at 10.25am, reach Taichung Airport (TPE) at 3.00pm.
Oh yeah, when a white card is given in the plane (mostly), remember to fill up that alien white card.
We forgot to fill up and we just end up like a idiot queuing at their airport immigration for like more than 15 minutes. We've to re-queue again after filling the card on the spot. Fml right. 
(Anyway there was a couple from Singapore who was standing behind us also forgot to fill up, I think they didn't know as well.)


Once you get out of the arrival entrance, turn to your left. (You ask the people there, they're quite helpful)
Saw an escalator? Just go down.
You will see this.(Photo below) Then turn right to buy the ticket from any counter. (But different buses if I'm not wrong)
You just have to tell the person where you heading to. Wanted to go Ximenting but they say the bus will stop at ximen somewhere I forgot, so I told them I want to head to Taipei Main Station instead. Play safe. HAHA


This is how the ticket look like for 大有巴士.
NT $90 = SGD $3.85 
(The exchange rates was 23.40 that period)

Alight at the last stop. 
And If I'm not wrong it's took more than 1 hour to reach there. :/


The weather was quite cooling when I was standing outside comparing to the previously trip.
It was about 11 degree.


Lots of Japanese people. Whoohoo!


Pass by some shops.


 Once we reach Taipei Main Station, took a cab to our hotel. (less than 10 minutes)

First thing to do. 
Take a snap of the hotel WIFI PASSWORD! HAHAHA


Welcome to our room, 103B.

Slightly abit too small. But I feel it was kinda cozy so I like it.


Katherine, Christmas just ended not long. That's all I wanted to say to her.
Okay not this photo. Another photo whereby she was wearing a red checkered long sleeve, red checkered scarf and a red shoe. It was totally too red and she felt the same way too.



Let's go!


Random in Ximenting.


Concentrate on something.


We waited for this like more 40 min. 


Collection. 
Can find those machine in those popular places like taipei 101, shifen station etc. 
Different cost for each token depending the places.  



 EASYCARD is the most convenient card in Taiwan. You can use mostly anywhere.
You can buy this card at all Taipei Metro Stations or the convenience stores like 7-ELEVEN, FamilyMart, Hi-Life and OK. 

It cost NT$200. (Consist of NT$100 disposable amount and a NT$100 deposit.)


What I order. I forgot.



On our way to Shilin, it was about 9.17pm.


If you're not sure how to go Shilin, don't worry there will be sign outside the MRT. 

I've a good memory, so I know how to go. Kekeke! 


I'm here! Start searching for food.



We tried this! Singapore at Scape also have. But Taiwan taste better!




Youngster everywhere like us. HAHAHA


About 11.24pm we headed back to our hotel. 
The metro station close at 12am.



We're so frigging tired.



Empty.


Maggie. My sister intro me before. This is nice!


Mission Accomplish.
If you want to buy those cute pouch, buy at Shilin in the middle of the street, it's like a pushcart. 
NT $100 each. (SGD $ 4.27) 
Buy 10 free 1.
It's cheapest. Don't buy more than NT $100. Normally other shop sell like NT $140 to $200.


That's the end of the First Day.
Will be updating Second Day soon! Tata!!!

(I'm just too lazy to edit photos)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments